It’s no secret – like tax time, floods can be quite stressful. Not only can water permanently damage your furniture and valuables, it can require the replacement of carpet and drywall in your home if not taken care of right away. GEM’s 24-hour-on-call flood restoration services mean that a technician will be dispatched within minutes of a flood call to help out your home as quickly as possible.
If you have a flood:
- Stop the water flow. This could be as easy as turning off the water valve to the toilet. It may be serious enough to turn the water off to the house.
- Call GEM! We have a 24 hour restoration service. (480) 326 1790 Our goal is to be at your home in less than an hour.
- Begin relocating valuables, sentimental items, and furniture to a dry area.
- We understand that every job is unique. Our commitment to you is to help preserve your home and belongings.
What GEM Technicians Will Do When They Arrive
- We survey the situation at hand. We have moisture meters to help us find pockets of moisture that cannot be seen (like the walls between two rooms or behind the kitchen or bathroom cabinets that backs up to a wall with dripping plumbing or a water pipe break.)
- We use a high-powered suction hose and extraction tool to extract the water.
- We will apply an anti-microbial to all affected areas. It is designed to sanitize while cutting down on mold and mildew situations. It is odorless as a bonus
- We set special fans called air movers to begin drying the structure, walls, and carpet. This removes the water from the building structure and places it in the air. We use a thermal hygrometer to determine the amount of water in the air. Air that is full of water ends up creating secondary water damage. So we set out dehumidifiers that will remove water out of the air and bring indoor humidity levels back to normal. This will prevent secondary damage.
- We will move dressers, cabinets, beds, and towers of boxes, or put down small plastic protectors or Styrofoam to stop furniture from being harmed.
- In the more serious of cases, it will be necessary to remove carpet, pad, baseboards and drywall, or any combination of these.
- GEM technicians will come back every 24 hours to check the drying process and reposition fans to help speed up the drying process until the project is complete.
- We work with insurance companies and home owners, communicating the extent of the work that needs to be done.